Short CV of Prof. W. Wu
Prof. Wu is director of the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering at the Universität für Bodenkultur, Vienna, Austria. The institute has 15 people on staff and hosts a well-equipped laboratory. Prof. Wu received his Bachelor in structural engineering from Wuhan University, China in 1982 and MSc in geotechnical engineering from Xian University of Technology, China in 1985. After a crash German course at Tongji University in Shanghai, he joined the soil mechanics group at Karlsruhe University, Germany in 1986, where he received his PhD with award (cum laude) in 1992. His Karlsruhe time was mainly devoted to the research of constitutive models for soils. He has made major contributions to the hypoplastic constitutive model.
In 1993 Dr. Wu put a prospering academic career aside and entered the cut-and-thrust world of engineering consulting. He joined as a senior engineer Lahmeyer International Ltd in Frankfurt – an engineering company with worldwide activities in heavy civil. Some project highlights in this period include the high-speed rail-link between Frankfurt and Cologne, Germany; highway Egnatia, Greece; Metro Athens, Greece and International Airport Kuwait. In 2002 Dr. Wu left Lahmeyer International to join Electrowatt Infra Ltd, an engineering company based in Zurich, Switzerland, as a project manager, where he had been working on the design of the 57 km Gotthard base tunnel before he moved to Vienna to assume the geotechnical chair in October 2003.
Prof. Wu is the founding editor of Acta Geotechnica, a new international journal for geoengineering hosted by Springer (http://www.springer.com/engineering/journal/11440). Together with Prof. Borja from Stanford University, he serves as editor for “Springer Series in Geomechanics and Geoengineering” (http://www.springer.com/series/8069). Prof. Wu publishes widely covering broad areas, e.g. constitutive modelling, numerical methods, laboratory and field testing, geotechnical centrifuge modelling, foundations, tunnelling, geosynthetics, slope stability and geoenvironmental engineering.
Prof. Wu was the coordinator of an INCO project in FP6 dealing with seismic hazard of landfill slopes in Central Asia. This project was funded by the European Commission with about 1.2 Million Euro. He is a full partner in an ongoing project within FP7 (Marie Curie ITN) dealing with the application of discrete element method (http://www.pardem.eu/). This project is funded by the European Commission with a total budget of about 3.2 Million Euro. Prof. Wu is the principal investigator of another ongoing collaborative research project funded by the Austrian Science Foundation on rainfall induced slope failure with Prof. Borja at Stanford University, USA (http://www.stanford.edu/~borja/nsffwf/). Recently, Prof. Wu was successful to acquire another large research project from the European Commission dealing with the multiscale modelling of landslide and debris flow with a budget of about 4.3 Million Euro.
Publications in peer-reviewed journals
1. Borja, R.I., White, J.A., Liu, X., Wu, W., Factor of safety in a partially saturated slope inferred from hydro-mechanical continuum modelling, Int. J. Num. Anal. Methods Geomech., 36, 236–248, 2012
2. Ashour, T., Georg, H., Wu, W., Performance of straw bale wall: a case of study, Energy and Buildings, 43, 1960-1967, 2011
3. Ashour, T., Georg, H., Wu, W., An experimental investigation on equilibrium moisture content of earth plaster with natural reinforcement fibres for straw bale buildings, Applied Thermal Engineering, 31, 293-303, 2011
4. Teufelsbauer, H., Wang, Y., Pudasaini, S.P., Borja, R.I., Wu, W., DEM simulation of impact force exerted by granular flow on rigid structures, Acta Geotechnica, 6, 119-133, 2011
5. Idinger, G., Aklik, P., Wu, W., Borja, R.I., Centrifuge model test on the face stability of shallow tunnel, Acta Geotechnica, 6, 105-117, 2011
6. Ashour, T., Wieland, H., Georg, H., Bockisch, F.-J., Wu, W., The influence of natural reinforcement fibres on insulation values of earth plaster for straw bale buildings, Materials and Design, 31, 4676-4685, 2010
7. Ashour, T., Wu, W., An experimental study on shrinkage of earth plaster with natural fibres for straw bale buildings, International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, 3, 299-304, 2010
8. Ashour, T., Wu, W., The influence of natural reinforcement fibers on erosion properties of earth plaster materials for straw bale buildings, Journal of Building Appraisal, 5, 329-340, 2010
9. Tejchman, J., Wu, W., Boundary effects on behaviour of granular material during plane strain compression, European Journal of Mechanics, A/Solids, 29 (1), 18-27, 2010
10. Tejchman J. and Wu, W., FE-investigations of micro-polar boundary conditions along interface between soil and structure, Granular Matter, 12 (4), 399-410, 2010
11. Teufelsbauer, H., Wang, Y.Q., Chiou, M.C. and Wu, W., Flow-obstacle-interaction in rapid granular avalanches: DEM simulations and comparison with experiments. Granular Matter, 11, 209-220, 2009
12. Osinov, V.A. and Wu, W., Strain-gradient extension of hypoplasticity, Acta Mechanica, 203, 37-47, 2009
13. Osinov, V.A. and Wu, W., Wave speeds, shear bands and the second-order work for incrementally nonlinear constitutive models, Acta Mechanica, 202 (1-4), 145-151, 2009
14. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., FE-investigation of shear localization in granular bodies under high shear rate, Granular Matter, 11, 115-128, 2009
15. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., Non-coaxiality and stress-dilatancy rule in dilatant granular materials: FE-investigations within micro-polar hypoplasticity, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 33, 117-142, 2009
16. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., FE-calculations of stress distribution under prismatic and conical sandpiles within hypoplasticity, Granular Matter, 10, 399-405, 2008
17. Wu, W., Wang, X. T. and Aschauer, F., Investigation on failure of a geosynthetic lined reservoir, Geotextiles and Geomembranes, 26, 363-370, 2008
18. Wu, W., Aschauer, F., Reiser, G., Experimental investigation on discontinuities in subsurface barrier installed by the vibrating beam method, ASCE, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 134, 541-546, 2008
19. Weingartner, B., Osinov, V., Wu, W. Effect of inherent anisotropy on acceleration wave speeds in hypoplasticity, International Journal of Engineering Science, 46, 286-292, 2008
20. Wu, W., Engineering geomorphology, theory and practice, (book review). Acta Geotechnica, 3 (3), 247-247, 2008
21. Wu, W., Wick, H., Ferstl, F., Aschauer, F., A device for tilt table tests on geosynthetic interface in geotechnical centrifuge, Geotextiles and Geomembranes, 26, 31-38, 2008
22. Zhang G., Zhang J.-M., Wu W., Hypoplastic model fo gravelly soil considering physical state. Rock and Soil Mechanics, 29, 1530-1534, 2008
23. Aschauer F., Wu W., Gruber J., Oberreiter K., Begrünte Lärmschutzsteilwälle aus Geokunststoffen- und Recyclingprodukten. Geotechnik, Sonderausgabe, 97-104, 2007
24. Wang, Y. and W. Wu, Time-dependent magneto-hydrodynamic flow induced by non-coaxial rotations of an oscillating porous plate and a third-order fluid, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 46, 845-861, 2007
25. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., Modeling of textural anisotropy in granular materials with stochastic micro-polar hypoplasticity. International Journal of Nonlinear Mechanics, 42, 882-894, 2007
26. Wang, Y. and Wu, W., Unsteady flow of a fourth grade fluid due to an oscillating plate, International Journal of Nonlinear Mechanics, 42, 253-262, 2007
27. Tejchman, J., Bauer, E. and Wu, W., Effect of fabric anisotropy on shear localization in sand during plane strain compression, Acta Mechanica, 189, 23-51, 2007
28. Weingartner, B., Osinov, V. and Wu, W., Acceleration wave speeds in a hypoplastic constitutive model, International Journal of Nonlinear Mechanics, 41, 991-999, 2006
29. Wu, W., On high-order hypoplastic models for granular materials, Journal of Engineering Mathematics, 56, 23-34, 2006
30. Osinov, V. and Wu, W., Simple shear in sand with an anisotropic hypoplastic model, Geomechanics and Geoengineering, 1, 43-50, 2006
31. Huang, W.X., Wu, W., Sun, D.A. and Scott, S., A simple hypoplastic model for normally consolidated clay, Acta Geotechnica, 1, 15-27,2006
32. Wu, W., Editorial, Acta Geotechnica, 1, 1, 2006
33. Zhang, G., Wu, W. and Zhang, J., Hypoplasticity damage model of coarse grained soils. Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), 46, 793-796, 2006
34. Bauer, E., Huang, W. X. and Wu, W., Investigation of shear banding in an anisotropic hypoplastic material, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 41, 5903-5919, 2004
35. Wu, W., Nonlinear analysis of shear band formation in sand, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 24, 245-263, 2000
36. Wu, W., Rational approach to anisotropy of sand, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 22, 921-940, 1998
37. Wu, W. and Niemunis, A., Beyond failure in granular materials, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 21, 153-174, 1997
38. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., Dynamic patterning of shear bands in Cosserat continuum, ASCE, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 123, 123-133, 1997
39. Wu, W., Bauer, E. and Kolymbas, D., Hypoplastic constitutive model with critical state for granular materials, Mechanics of Materials, 23, 45-69, 1996
40. Wu, W. and Niemunis, A., Failure criterion, flow rule and dissipation function derived from hypoplasticity, Mechanics of Cohesive-Frictional Materials, 1, 145-163, 1996
41. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., Numerical simulation of shear band formation with hypoplastic constitutive models, Computers & Geotechnics, 18, 71-84, 1996
42. Bauer, E. and Wu, W., A hypoplastic constitutive model for cohesive powders, Powder Technology, 85, 1-9, 1995
43. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., Experimental and numerical study on sand-steel interfaces, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 19, 513-536, 1995
44. Tejchman J. and Wu, W., Numerical Study on sand and steel interfaces, Mechanics Research Communications, 21, 109-119, 1994
45. Wu, W. and Bauer, E., A simple hypoplastic constitutive model for sand, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 18, 833-862, 1994
46. Tejchman J. and Wu, W., Numerical simulation of shear band patterning in biaxial compression tests, Mechanics Research Communications, 20, 15-24, 1993
47. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., Numerical study on patterning of shear bands in a Cosserat continuum, Acta Mechanica, 99, 61-74, 1992
48. Wu, W. and Sikora, Z., Localized bifurcation in pressure-sensitive, dilatant granular materials, Mechanics Research Communications, 19, 289-299, 1992
49. Wu, W. and Sikora, Z., Localized bifurcation in hypoplasticity, International Journal of Engineering Science, 29, 195-201, 1991
50. Wu, W. and Kolymbas, D., On some issues in triaxial extension tests, ASTM, Geotechnical Testing Journal, 14, 276-287, 1991
51. Wu, W., Discussion on the mechanical behaviour of loose sand, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 27, 159-162, 1990
52. Wu, W. and Kolymbas, D., Numerical testing of the stability criterion for hypoplastic constitutive equations, Mechanics of Materials, 9, 245-253, 1990
53. Wu, W., A unified numerical integration formula for the perfectly plastic von Mises model, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 30, 491-504, 1990
54. Kolymbas, D. and Wu, W., Recent results of triaxial tests with granular materials, Powder Technology, 60, 99-119, 1989
55. Kolymbas, D. and Wu, W., A device for lateral strain measurement in triaxial tests with unsaturated specimens, ASTM, Geotechnical Testing Journal, 12, 227-229, 1989
56. Wu, W., Loading criteria for elastoplastic constitutive equations with multi-yield surfaces, Mechanics Research Communications, 16, 133-137, 1989
Publications in conference proceedings
57. Berhe, T. and Wu, W., 3D effects on the seismic performance of earthfill dams, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 12, EGU2010-11166, 2010
58. Borja, R., White, J. and Wu, W., Continuum modeling and limit equilibrium analysis of slope movement due to rainfall infiltration, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 12, EGU2010-7373, 2010
59. Teufelsbauer, H., Wang, Y., Wawra, M. and Wu W., Estimating impact force of granular avalanche on obstacles by DEM, Geophysical Research Abstracts, EGU2010-2467, 2010
60. Berhe, T. and Wu, W., Seismic performance analysis of Tendaho earth fill dam, Ethiopia, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 11, EGU2009-2176-3, 2009
61. Wu W., Acharya M.S., Aschauer F. and Ludwig J., Foundation Rehabilitation of Bridge over Danube: the Role of Pile Integrity Testing. In: Proceedings 6th International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Conference, 11.-16.08.2008, Arlington, USA
62. Wu W., Tensay B.G., Webb S., Doanh T., Ritzkowski M., Muhidinov Z. and Anarbaev M., Investigation on stability of landfill slopes in seismically active regions in Central Asia. In: 10th International Symposium on Landslides and Engineered Slopes, 30.05.- 04.06.2008, Xian, China
63. Wang, X. T., Wu, W. and Tejchman, J., Update a simple hypoplastic constitutive model. In: Kotulski, Z., Kowalczyk, P., Sosnowski, W., Selected topics of contemporary solid mechanics, Proceedings, [36th Solid Mechanics Conferences, Danzig, Poland, September 9-12, 2008
64. Aschauer F., Acharya M.S. and Wu W., Full scale test on geosynthetics reinforced earth slope. In: The First Pan American Geosynthetics Conference & Exhibition, 2.-5.5.2008, Cancun, Mexico.
65. Ritzkowski, M., Adwiraah, H., Stegmann, R. and Wu, W., Characterization of Landfills in Central Asia by Means of Site Investigations and Landfill Simulation in Laboratory Bioreactors, Geocongress on the Challenge of Sustainability in the Geoenvironment, 9. – 12. March 2008, New Orleans, USA.
66. Aschauer F. and Wu. W., Zentrifugenmodellversuche zur Tragfähigkeit von Flachgründungen von Lawinenstützverbauten, 6. Kolloquium, Bauen in Boden und Fels, Esslingen, Ostfildern, Deutschland, 22.-23.01.2008.
67. Aschauer F., Achayry M.S. and Wu W., Effect of concrete age on pile integrity testing, 11th Baltic Sea Geotechnical Conference, Gdansk, Poland, 15.-18.09.2008
68. Doanh, T, Hareb, H., Hans, S., Boutin, C., Ibragimov, A. and Wu, W., Ambient noise site investigation of Ahangaranskaya landfill in Tashkent City, Uzbekistan, Proc. 3rd International Conference on Site Characterization, 1.-4. April 2008, Taipei, Taiwan.
69. Kholmatov K., Khashimova D. and Wu W. (2007): Geophysical site investigation of landfill in seismically active region of Tashkent, Uzbekistan. In: 10th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, 5.-7. September 2007, Kos Island, Greece.
70. Wu, W. and Wang, X.T. (2007): Lessons learned from a tunnel collapse, International Conference on Geological Engineering, 10.-15. October 2007, Wuhan, China.
71. Kholmatov, K., Khashimova, D., Musaev, M., Doahn, T. and Wu, W. (2007): Landfill characterisation and determination of contaminated plumes, 11th Conference on Environment and Mineral Processing & Exhibition, 31.5.-2.6.2007, Ostrawa, Czech Republic.
72. Aschauer F., Schön H. and Wu W. (2007): Begrünte Lärmschutzsteilwälle aus Geokunststoffen - Eine wirtschaftliche Alternative? In: 6. Österreichische Geotechniktagung, 18.-19. Jänner 2007, Wien.
73. Aschauer F. und Wu W. (2007): Geotechnische Probleme beim Lehmbau. 1. Departmentkongress Bautechnik & Naturgefahren, 10.-11.05.2007, Wien, Ernst & Sohn.
74. Wu W. and Zeiner M. (2007): Dynamic analysis of municipal solid waste landfills. In: Geophysical Research Abstracts, European Union Geosciences Assembly, 15.-19.04.2007, Vienna.
75. Aschauer F., Wu W. und Schön H. (2007): Wirtschaftliche Analysen über begrünte Lärmschutzsysteme. 1. Departmentkongress Bautechnik & Naturgefahren, 10.-11.05.2007, Wien, Ernst & Sohn.
76. Wu, W. und Aschauer, F. (2007): Untersuchungen zur mikroseismischen Integritätsprüfung bei Bohrpfählen. In: Pfahlsymposium, 22.-23.02.2007, Braunschweig, Germany.
77. Wu, W., Ferstl F. and Aschauer F. (2007): Model testing of biotechnically reinforced slopes in geotechnical centrifuge. In: European Union Geosciences Assembly, 15.-19.04.2007, Vienna.
78. Aschauer, F. and Wu, W. (2006): Large scale test and numerical analysis of geosynthetics reinforced slope. In: Doghri, I., Fatmi, R., El Hassis, H., Zenzri, H. and Darve, F. eds, Advances in Geomaterials and Structures, Proc. First Euromediterranean Symp. on Advances in Geomaterials and Structures, pp. 227-232, 2006
79. Aschauer, F., Wu, W. and Oberreiter, K. (2006): Longterm performance of geosynthetic reinforced slope. In: International Geosynthetics Society: Proc. 8th International Conference on Geosynthetics, 18.-22.09.2006, Yokohama.
80. Aschauer, F.; Wu, W.; Oberreiter, K. (2006): Begrünte Lärmschutzsteilwälle. In: Proc. 13th Danube European Conference on Geotechnical Engineering, 29.-31.05.2006, Slovenia.
81. Khazaei, S., Wu, W., Matsui, K. and Shimada, H. (2006): Analysis of effect of lubrication strength on slurry pipe jacking. In: ASCE: STP Geoshanghai 2006, 2.-4.06.2006, Shanghai.
82. Wu, W., Aschauer, F., Schön, H., Oberreiter, K. and Gruber, J. (2006): Living noise barrier by geosynthetics reinforced earth wall. In: International Geosynthetics Society, In: Proc. 8th International Conference on Geosynthetics, 18.-22.09.2006, Yokohama.
83. Wu, W., Shaigani, H.S. and Brandstätter, P. (2006): Geotechnical Investigation of Landfill Rautenweg in Vienna. In: ASCE STP GeoShanghai, 2-4. Juni 2006, Shanghai.
84. Weingartner, B., Osinov, V.A. and Wu, W. (2006): Acceleration Waves in Hypoplasticity - 2D Analysis. In: Wu, W. and Yu, H.S. eds, Modern Trends in Geomechanics, Springer.
85. Wu, W. and Shaigani, S., Failure of slopes reinforced by geosynthetics two case histories, 11th International Conference of the International Association of Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics 19-24 June 2005, Torino, Italy
86. Shaigani S. and W. Wu, Stability analysis of slopes based on local strength mobilisation, 11th International Conference of the International Association of Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics 19-24 June 2005, Torino, Italy
87. Osinov, V. A. and Wu, W., Instability and ill-posedness in the deformation of plastic solids: some correlations through simple examples, Proc. Int. Symp. on Trends in Application of Mathematics to Mechanics, STAMM 2004, Frankfurt, Germany, August 2004
88. Wu, W., Malla, S., Kaelin, J. and Fellner, D. (2003), 3D numerical analysis of deep tunnel through short weak zone, Proc. Int. Symposium on Geotechnical Measurement and Modelling (GTMM 2003), Karlsruhe, Germany, Swets & Zeitlinger, pp. 111-116, 2003
89. Wu, W., Bauer, E. and Huang, W.X. (2003), A numerical study of shear band formation in anisotropic sand, Proc. Int. Symposium on Pre-failure Deformation Characteristics of Geomaterials, Lyon, France, Swets & Zeitlinger, pp. 1227-1232, 2003
90. Bauer, E., Wu, W. and Huang, W.X., Modelling inherent and induced anisotropy in hypoplasticity, Int. Symposium on Quasi-static Deformations of Particulate Media, Budapest, Hungary, Publisher BUTE, Budapest, pp. 43-51, 2003
91. Bauer, E., Wu, W. and Huang, W.X., Influence of initially transverse isotropy on shear banding in granular materials, Proc. Int. Workshop on Bifurcations and Stabilities in Geomechanics, Minneapolis, USA, Swets & Zeitlinger, pp. 161-172, 2003
92. Wu, W., Schöbel, S. and Schmitt, H., Design and construction of the tunnels in Lot A of the highspeed rail link between Cologne and Frankfurt, Proc. XVth International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, Balkema, 27-31, August, 2001
93. Wu, W. und Saraiva, E., Der Voreinschnitt Nord des Ittenbach-Tunnels, tiefe Baugrube mit unerwarteten Unetrgrundverhältnissen, Workshop über Verformungsprognose für tiefe Baugruben, DGGT, Stuttgart, 16.-17. März, 2000
94. Wu, W. and Saraiva, E. X., Towards economic lining design of NATM-tunnels, Proc. 25th Conference on Our World in Concrete & Structures, Singapore, pp. 185-192, Verlag CI-Premier, 23.-24. August, 2000
95. Wu, W., Schöbel, S. und Schmitt, H., Ausführungsplanung für die Tunnel in Los A der NBS Köln-Rhein/Main, 2. Symposium Bauen im Boden und Fels, Ostfildern, pp. 165-177, Hausverlag, 18.-19. Januar, 2000
96. Wu, W. and Hunag, W., Rational approach to anisotropy of rocks, Proc. EUROCK Symposium, Aachen, pp. 623-628, Verlag Glückauf, 27.-31.März, 2000
97. Herle, I., Doanh, T. and Wu, W., Comparison of hypoplastic and elastoplastic modelling of undrained triaxial tests of loose sand, in: Constitutive Modelling of Granular Materials, pp. 335-351, Springer Verlag, 2000
98. Wu, W., On a simple critical state model for sand, Proc. International Symposium on Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Graz, Austria, pp. 47-52, Balkema, 1999
99. Wu, W. and Saraiva, E., Strategy for dimensioning shallow NATM-tunnels, Proc. International Symposium on Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Graz, Austria, pp. 367-372, Balkema, 1999
100. Wu, W., Tejchman, J. and Bauer, E., Numerical simulation of progressive failure in soils, Proc. Int. Conf. on Numerical Methods in Structural & Geotechnical Engineering, Hong Kong, pp. 819-823, 1994
101. Bauer, E. and Wu, W., Extension of hypoplastic constitutive model with respect to cohesive powders, Proc. Int. Conf. on Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, Morgantown, USA, pp. 531-536, Balkema, 1994
102. Wu, W. and Niemunis, A., Beyond inversibility surface in granular materials, Proc. Int. Workshop on Localisation and Bifurcation in Soils and Rocks, Aussois, France, pp. 113-126, Balkema, 1993
103. Kolymbas, D. and Wu, W., Introduction to hypoplasticity, Proc. Int. Workshop on Modern Approaches in Plasticity, Horton, Greece, pp. 213-223, Elsevier, 1992
104. Wu, W. and Bauer, E., A hypoplastic constitutive model for barotropy and pyknotropy of granular soils, Proc. Int. Workshop on Modern Approaches in Plasticity, Horton, Greece, pp. 225 - 245, Elsevier, 1992
105. Bauer, E. and Wu, W., A hypoplastic model for granular soils under cyclic loading, Proc. Int. Workshop on Modern Approaches in Plasticity, Horton, Greece, pp. 247-258, Elsevier, 1992
106. Wu, W., Bauer, E., Niemunis, A. and Herle, I., Visco-hypoplastic models for cohesive soils, Proc. Int. Workshop on Modern Approaches in Plasticity, Horton, Greece, pp. 365-382, Elsevier, 1992
107. Tejchman, J. and Wu, W., Numerical study of sand-steel interface, Proc. Int. Conf. Mechanics of Interfaces, Southampton, UK, pp. 203-208, 1991
108. Sikora, Z. and Wu, W., Shear band formation in biaxial tests, Proc. Int. Conf. Constitutive Laws for Engineering Materials, Tucson, Arizona, USA, pp. 111-115, Elsevier, 1991
109. Zheng, Y. R., Xu, Z. H., Chu, J. and Wu, W., Finite element analysis of underground openings using strain space elastoplastic theory, Proc. Int. Conf. Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Innsbruck, Austria, pp. 1537-1542, Balkema, 1988
110. Wu, W., Hypoplasticity as a mathematical model for mechanical behaviour of granular materials, Technical University Fridericiana Karlsruhe, Germany, 1992 (PhD thesis in German)
111. Wu, W., Numerical analysis of NATM-tunnels with an elastic-plastic model in strain space, Xian University of Technology, Xian, China, 1985 (MSc thesis in Chinese)
Book and book chapter
112. Tensay, Wu, in: Modern Earth Buildings: Materials, Engineering, Constructions and Applications, M Hall, R. Lindsay, M. Krayenhoff, eds., Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy, pp.30, 2011
113. Ashour, T. and Wu, W., Using barley straw as building material, in: Barley, Production, Cultivation and Uses, S.B. Elfson ed., Nova Science Publisher, Inc., 28pp, 2011
114. Wu, W. and Rooney, P., The role of numerical analysis in tunnel design, in: Tunnelling Mechanics, Balkema Verlag, 87-168, 2002
115. Wu, W. and Kolymbas, D., Hypoplasticity, then and now, in: Constitutive Modelling of Granular Materials, Springer Verlag, 57-105, 2000
116. Wu, W. and Yu, H. S. (Eds.), Modern Trends in Geomechanics, Springer, 559 pp., 2006